Thursday, April 28, 2016

Prince - The Artist Formerly Known as My Baby Daddy

A week ago today my heart was broken. Thank goodness I wasn't driving when I received the text message stating Prince had passed away. Almost instantly after reading the original message, my phone was constantly ringing and receiving text alerts. I even had two co-workers, one from 15 years ago and one from 20 years ago locate me via social media to see how I was doing. My social circle knew how I felt about this man. I missed one concert tour (The Rainbow Children) throughout his career and I have been a fan of Prince since the beginning. A long time ago my aunt took me to see Rick James and Prince was the opening act for the show. No disrespect to the late, great Rick James but I wouldn't have come out after Prince's performance. He stole the show! I was in total awe and with that said, I have been in love with 'my baby daddy' ever since that day so it is only befitting that I make a post regarding my two loves; Prince and shoes.

It has been reported that Prince was only 5'2" in stature and some sites report 5'3" nevertheless neither is very tall for an adult male but what Prince lacked in stature he definitely supplemented in talent. Prince donned high heels throughout the majority of his career and due to hip pain he transitioned to a few wedge platform styles in his later years. Here's a few pics of Prince showcasing his footwear in vibrant colors, platforms, stacked heels and clear Lucite heels.

You will surely be missed! RIP Prince.

Love,
Your baby mama


















No comments:

Post a Comment